Effective date: October 01, 2021
The Long Island Council of the Navy League of the United States (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the www.longislandnavyleague.org website.
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal data when you use our website and the choices you have associated with that data.
Website: Website is the www.longislandnavyleague.org website operated by Long Island Council of the Navy League of the United States.
Personal Data: Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identiﬁed from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
Usage Data: Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the website or from the website infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Cookies: Cookies are small ﬁles stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Website.
Types of Data Collected
Personal Data: While using our website, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identiﬁable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Such personally identiﬁable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City Cookies and Usage Data
Usage Data: We may also collect information on how the website is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g., IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identiﬁers and other diagnostic data.
Cookies are ﬁles with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identiﬁer. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Other tracking technologies are also used such as beacons, tags and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our website.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our website.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our website.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data:
The Long Island Council of the Navy League of the United States uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our website
- To notify you about changes to our website
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our website when you choose to do so To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our website
- To monitor the usage of our website
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
Transfer of Data:
- Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to – and maintained on – computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
- If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to United States and process it there.
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, The Long Island Council of the Navy League of the United States may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g., a court or a government agency).
The Long Island Council of the Navy League of the United States may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of The Long Island Council of the Navy League of the United States
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the website
- To protect the personal safety of users of the website or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our website (“Website Providers”), provide the website on our behalf, perform website-related websites or assist us in analyzing how our website is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party website Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Website.
Google Analytics is a web analytics website offered by Google that tracks and reports website trafﬁc. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our website. This data is shared with other Google websites. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or websites.
Our website does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”). We do not knowingly collect personally identiﬁable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without veriﬁcation of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By phone: (631) 834-6868
The Long Island Council of the Navy League of the United States
795 Marconi Avenue
Ronkonkoma, NY 11779 USA